Welcome to another “Three of 3 on A Tuesday”. I will have THREE things or links of 3 topics for you to visit/read every Tuesday to either showcase tutorials, inspirations, random daily thoughts or it could be any fabric/notion sales running that particular week. So for today, here are the THREE of 3 things:
There are affiliate links within this post, in which I may earn a small commission if you take action. Please find my full disclosure here.
3 things to read and ponder
- Creating quilts with authenticity, making quilts that speak and represent you. I have decided to become more intentional with my quilting and reading this article was a great feed to that thought. However, I am also being reminded that I should just try and explore various ideas. Style and authenticity will come on its own with time. Which was a great advice, I totally agree with that advice! I am being intentional and not going to limit myself to try new things. How about you? Do you put lots of thought into your quilt making process?
- Should the quilting industry simmer down? I love this article and the truth behind the possible theories listed. I am sad to admit it, but probably it is true that the process of quilting has grown too fast for a slow, mindful creative outlet. What are your thoughts about this?
- This story about a bad experience with the quilt police. That quilt police job – is not yours or anyone’s. If you have a suggestion to make, make it a polite one or better still don’t even say it, and keep it for yourself if your words will hurt. Do you agree? Read this article too about How not To be A Quilt Police. (alright, that is legit 4 things I linked for you to read this week, but it’s related 🙂 )
3 Useful Tools to Have:
- Have your ever pulling hair trying to get a quilt squared off? Sometimes, I find that with each side trim I make, the wonkier my quilts get and not to mention – smaller. Check out this tip on how to tackle this problem with the laser tool. This laser tool is on sale HERE.
- Make designing a quilt easy for you with EQ8 – a chance to get it at a discounted price HERE.
- Quilting Rulers for Domestic Machines! and you can take this class to learn how to quilt with rulers.
3 things I am grateful for this week
- The early mornings I get to spend sewing and blogging. I am back on track for getting my early morning routine, my internal clock is on the spot. I woke up this morning at 4 am with no alarm and got so much done!
- The chance to sweep up a bundle of Anna Maria Horner’s Sweet Dreams and pay decent shipping price. They are already on the way!
- The time spent with my son practicing our mandarin. Learning languages is always hard but we are making it fun!
How about you? What are you grateful for this week?