Popping in for some teacher’s appreciation week gift to sew.
While I have always had this fantasy of having stocks of handmade gifts ready to be gifted for teachers and friends, I always end up making them gifts the last minute that we had.
Well, while that is a dream that is not true yet, I still enjoy making last-minute handmade gifts rather than buying them.
So a quick one yet still handmade is the way to go.
Here is an idea of a pretty useful handmade gift which suits everyone really, but in particular, I made these for my son’s teachers for celebrating Teacher’s Appreciation week. Original idea was taken from pinterest – linking to this awesome idea.
While I was at it, I thought I shall make a simple tutorial and a free printable for you to do the same too!
It took me about 10 minutes to sew each one, and sewing all of them at once to a lot less time as batching takes place.
There are affiliate links provided for your convenience. Please read full disclosure here.
- Scrap fabrics (~2.5″ x 10″ strips) – I’d love to recommend fabric shopping HERE.
- (2.5″ x 10″)
- Plier (if not available with your key fob hardware set
- , , needle and threads
Step By Step Key Fob Tutorial
- Prep the scrap fabric strip with a layer of fusible interfacing. Just iron them on.
- Fold the seams towards the centre, the size of the strip now should be just about the size of the key-fob hardware. These side seams are going to be hidden.
3. Now place the 1″ twill tape on top of the folded seam. Pin in place.
4. Using a (as it is very thick), sew the twill tape onto the strip of fabrics. Do a couple of rows with roughly the same spacing between each rows of stitches. You can also play around with different type of stitches.
5. Trim the ends and place the hardware clipping the two ends together (fold strip in half).
6. Using a piece of another scrap of fabric, wrap the key fob hardware and press the hardware close using a plier. (The scrap of fabric protect the metal hardware from getting scratched by the plier).
7. Voila! You are done! Make as many as you like.
Teacher’s Appreciation Week Gifting Printable Card
If you want to gift them for teacher’s appreciation week, here is the printable I use to stick them to. They say “You are the KEY to my success”. Such a suitable quote! I printed in black and white and have my son colour them.
Make sure you pin this for future reference!
Love the key fob .Pamela